Last 15th of January the board of OKFN Spain approve to launch the first Spanish OKFN award to Open Knowledge, Open Data and Transparency. It will be hold on the 24th of February in the innovation center of BBVA, the closest convenient date to Open data day.
There will be six categories:
- Best initiative supporting entrepreneurship based on Open Knowledge
- Best business based on Open Knowledge
- Best Transparency initiative (Non public administration)
- Best initiative on Open Science
- Best Transparency initiative based on Open Data (Public administration)
- Best Open Data initiative with citizen’s participation (Public administration)
All the active members of the Spanish Group of OKFN will be able to vote to the candidates on these six categories. Some other could be invited by the organization.
Candidates will be openly proposed by anybody who registers on the award web. Organization will test whether candidates are suitable for the category.
«Money can’t buy the best things in life». And this is one of them.